Bon Appetit; Cooking with Pumpkins*

Sugar pumpkins don't just look like October—they taste like it, too. Their solid texture turns creamy with roasting, steaming, sautéing, or pureeing. And their sweet-savory flavor works as well with sweet ingredients (like honey, maple, brown sugar, and molasses) as it does with savory ones (like dried crushed red pepper, salty cheeses, and wild mushrooms). Below you'll find 16 of our favorite pumpkin recipes to light up any Halloween party.

I need to start cooking these cozy fall recipes tomorrow! On my lunch break today I stopped in Williams-Sonoma to check out the latest and greatest necessities for the kitchen. Openly, it was a mistake because now I NEED Autumn-striped towels, a cute apron, burnt orange spatulas, and an Emile Henry Artisan Ruffled Pie dish! I can hardly contain my excitement for Fall-inspired food!
Tonight, since my friends are either sick or at a zombie movie (I love Halloween, but no thanks, I am too scared!), I lit candles, tucked into my J.Crew slippers, popped Hocus Pocus in the DVD player, cut open a squash, and now I'm cooking it and the seeds!

How to Roast Pumpkin Seeds

Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and rinse, cleaning away any strings and pulp. Mix them with a little oil and salt, and spread out on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, stirring frequently, 15 to 30 minutes in a 350° oven, until pale golden. Let stand until cool.
Thanks Bon Appetit!


Pumpkin Doughnuts With Powdered Sugar Glaze and Spiced Sugar Doughnut Holes

Pumpkin Cheesecake Crumble Squares

A favorite from the '70s, pumpkin cheesecake is even more fun as a crumbly, nutty bar.

Pumpkin Pie with Brown Sugar-Walnut Topping

The pie's nutty, slightly salty topping is the perfect finishing touch.

Spiced Pumpkin, Lentil, and Goat Cheese Salad

This fall salad balances earthy, tangy, sweet, and creamy flavors.

Pumpkin Spice Layer Cake with Caramel and Cream Cheese Frosting

A little orange peel adds a bright, sunny note to this homey dessert.

Pumpkin and Brown-Sugar Crème Brûlée

Cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, and cloves give this crème brûlée a spicy kick.

Pumpkin Butterscotch Pie

In this fun take on pumpkin pie, a little whisky really puts the "Scotch" in butterscotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment