Watercolors Into the Ocean







While reading Paper + Cup, I saw this darling little post about a new magazine called Lonny. I was charmed to see a new style magazine (since the closing of Blueprint, sniff), one that has clean images and lots of pretty things, of course. One of the magazine's illustrators, Caitlin McGauley , paints simple little watercolor images of all things NY City! I checked out her blog immediately after, and what can I say? I'm in love! I used to adore painting with watercolors, until I moved back to color pencils, my fav. I believe we share a similar aesthetic - capturing little colorful details that catch our eye, little jewels, treasures, and pleasures of everyday life. It makes me want to do some art again!

Enjoy her portfolio here and read her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment